Friday, April 23, 2010

My name is Lea (pronounced Lee.) How common is my spelling and pronunciation? What is the history of my name?

My family has Irish roots, and I know that lea means meadow, but I can't find any history of females named lea where the name is actually pronounces Lee. I've been called LEAH for as long as I remember, so I would like to know if my pronunciation is odd.

My name is Lea (pronounced Lee.) How common is my spelling and pronunciation? What is the history of my name?
My daughters middle name is Lea and we pronounce it Lee.





It is a common place name in the UK. Strictly it means 'from the fields' and would suggest its ancestry lies in farming families.
Reply:My name is Lea And its really Sounds Like Leah and everyone calls me Lee Or Leigh and its how differnt people say it. Report Abuse


dendrobium

No comments:

Post a Comment