Saturday, April 24, 2010

How can I change spelling of the name that shows before my e-mail address?

I didn't put my real name when I signed up because I thought it gave me some anonymity, but I am not John Smith and I don't want to be -- no offense to any John Smiths.

How can I change spelling of the name that shows before my e-mail address?
The name in your email address is the same s your yahoo username. It cannot be changed. You can open another account under a different username and start over. Yahoo also has an email function that will transfer your old emails and contacts to the new one. Caution: If you are in business or a paying subscriber to Yahoo service such as merchant account or auctions or other, changing accounts may cause lots of problems and Yahoo usually frowns on this. You can have a sceondary account though and retrieve emails into your new one from the old automatically as long as you don't close the old account. I had to go through all that once when my email was compromised and it took 2 weeks to get everything back to normal, but then, I have a merchant account. Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment